Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.05/17/2013
Ventana Medical Systems Introduction
Through innovative solutions for H&E, immunohistochemistry (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH), special stains, advanced workflow and digital pathology, Ventana empowers anatomic pathologists and laboratory professionals to increase testing efficiency. Our intuitive, integrated slide staining and workflow management platforms optimize laboratory operations to minimize errors, support diagnosis, and inform treatment decisions for anatomic pathology professional
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.08/15/2013
Ventana Case Study: Yuma Regional Medical Center and digital pathology
At Yuma Regional Medical Center in Yuma, Arizona, the anatomical pathology lab has adopted cutting edge digital pathology solutions from Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. to increase their efficiencies and to assist in better patient care.
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.08/15/2013
VENTANA BenchMark Special Stains automation: manual versus automated time-lapse video
VENTANA BenchMark Special Stains automated slide stainer eliminates manual processes and temperature dependencies with automated deparaffinization and independent slide heating for histology labs upgrading manual processes or current automation systems
Ventana: The Birth of a Life Changing Idea
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., a Member of the Roche Group, is a global leader in tissue diagnostic innovations for anatomic pathology. This video reveals the true story of a quest to improve the standard of care for a single patient -- a quest that began a new era in cancer diagnostics. Discover how automated staining is empowering histology labs worldwide to deliver prompt, personalized diagnostic information.
Championing Patient Safety: Ventana
Anatomic pathology labs today face critical shortages in technicians, along with increasing demands to produce better quality results, faster.While the average pathology lab maintains a 99% quality rate, that leaves a 1% margin for error that could mean as many as 6 misidentified samples every single week for an average size lab*. When real patient results are at risk, even a small margin of error is unacceptable. Now, more than ever, we must safeguard every patient...every step of the way.Here, you will learn about pathology lab process errors that compromise the integrity of patient results, and the solutions that can put your lab on a SaferPath.
Arizona Pioneer Thomas M. Grogan, MD
Thomas M. Grogan, M.D., Founder of Ventana and SVP, Medical Affairs of Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, receives the AZBio Pioneer Award for Lifetime Achievement at the 2013 AZBio Awards on October 10, 2013. Dr. Grogan was a pathologist and professor at the University of Arizona when in the mid 1980’s he and a small team set out to challenge the limitations of the then current standards and processes for cancer pathology. What was to become the company’s first digital pathology instrument evolved from Grogan’s notes on a yellow pad into the BenchMark IHC/ISH staining platforms. Under Grogan’s leadership, Ventana was founded in 1987, went public in 1996, and was acquired by Roche for $3.4 billion in 2008. Over the last 25 years, Ventana has grown to become a global leader in developing and manufacturing tissue-based diagnostic instruments and tests focused on the detection of cancer. Ventana employees continue to pursue the same deeply rooted mission of innovating diagnostic testing and enabling personalized healthcare to improve the lives of all patients afflicted with cancer worldwide. Dr. Grogan has made it his personal mission to make life better for the millions of patients who battle cancer each day. His passion and dedication are infectious and has spread across the company that he and his team built. Through their efforts they have revolutionized the field of cancer diagnostics and are pioneering new roads in the field of personalized healthcare.”
Convergence and Personalized Medicine
Greg Yap is Senior Vice President and Lifecycle Leader for Advanced Staining Assays at Ventana Medical Systems. In this role, Greg is responsible for Ventana’s 450 million dollar cancer diagnostic testing business. Ventana’s tests are the market leaders and are used to help guide treatment for over 6 million cancer patients each year worldwide. Previously, Greg was Chief Operating Officer at Cellective Dx, a circulating tumor cell company, and held multiple senior operating roles at Affymetrix.
A Global Perspective from executives of Arizona’s Bioscience Companies on why they are in Arizona Panelists Bob Bosserman, CEO, Medelis Janet Spear, Plant Manager, Celgene Joan Koerber-Walker, president & CEO, AZBio (moderator) Dr. Ken Wertman, Scientific Director, Sanofi, Oro Valley Dr. Phil Miller, Ventana Filmed live at the 2011 AZBio Expo